Trying to balance screen time and physical activity has proven difficult while being home alone for a few weeks. In between guest calls, client work and strategic changes I wanted to work in some physical activities that I could do at the rentals that will help in both marketing (promoting our cleaning efforts) and welcoming guests safely. These are some things I have found helpful:
- Do the “Corona cleanse” on all properties
- Using this time for a full inventory (not just my standard monthly) of all items at all properties
- Re-laundering, inspecting and taking full Inventory of all linens at all properties
- Organize the shit out of everything. While I hit most properties with the label maker last year, I am going back through where needed and replacing labels that may look worn or that I never got to
- I also plan to complete my Commitment to Safety Certification via Breezeway. After Justin Ford, Director of Safety came to Nashville and gave a presentation on safety, this has been on the to-do list since November of last year but well, time. I even have a page on my Southbound Stays website ready for it! I told Justin I was putting together this post and he provided a code for anyone reading this to get 10% off their safety inspection, MEGANSENTME. NOTE: If you’re a NASTRA member, please do not use this code. We have something special coming for you!
Pro tip: I know it’s hard to justify spending money when rent revenue isn’t coming in. If it helps, create a shopping list with links to items needed that you can slowly purchase during the down time or once things pick back up.
Enjoying these posts? Subscribe for moreSubscribe now
Already have an account? Sign in